Friday, March 19, 2010

Frugal Tips

I have a list of things that I have been wanting to post.

I keep the heat at 65 at night and 67 during the day. We have oil heat and it stretches the time between deliveries.

This summer I would like to put a room air conditioner in our living room to cool one room since at night we have a ceiling fan in our room which keeps us cool at night. This should help keep the electric bill lower in the summer.

Keep warm soapy water in the sink to do quick dish washes during the day so that the dishwasher does not have to be run as often.

Keep all leftovers no matter how small to be used in soups or stews.

Keep away from plastics such as plates, cups, etc. Use these for special occasions only.

Use paper towels sparingly. Keep plenty of dish towels in the kitchen to grab instead.

When eating out don't order drinks. Ask for water instead. I always order water with lemon.

Share an entree. With the portions most restaurants give there is plenty of food for two.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for the tips Aunt Heidi! I can really use them now that I'm on my own again :)