Sunday, February 8, 2015

It has been so long since I posted anything. Not that anything is that dramatically new.

One thing that is fairly new is the new addition to our family. Our pug puppie Howie. His full registered name is Howard Mordecai Bizzarro and it's like having my first grandchild. What a sweet, loving, affectionate pup!! He can be a handful when he's full of energy but even that is fun.



I definitely could be one of those excentric dog ladies. Not now, I'm much to young, but when I'm older. :)

Every morning I've been reading "Five Meaningful Minutes a Day" by Charles Swindoll. It's such an encouragement to me with my daily walk with the Lord. Much like Joyce Meyer, he shares a lot of practical insight and application into God's word. I can read the Bible and understand it, with the help of the Holy Spirit, but if I don't know how to apply it in my everyday life it doesn't really do much for the benefit of others. One thing I've come to realize is that if your waiting to "feel" like doing what God wants, you'll be waiting a long time. That's not to say you won't have good days where things will be easy but for the most part God's will usually requires sacrifice. Even those things that I enjoy doing for the Lord I struggle with laziness, procratination, selfish ambition, recognition, etc. My heart's prayer is that I have a pure heart before God. He knows how I struggle, especially being an introvert. There are times I fail more than I succeed but I know that God is with me and loves me more than I can ever realize in this fleshly body. A verse that I've taken to heart lately is Philippians 1:6:

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

We are not alone. God is with us moment by moment, molding us into His image. My desire is to be more like Christ and God's promise is that He will give me all the desires of my heart. What a wonderful God we serve!!



No comments: