Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today we are going over to my Mom and Dad's house for Thanksgiving. My neice, Karen, is here so it's an extra special day. She has been here for a week and she is such a wonderful, fun, intelligent woman. It's been great spending time with her and catching up with everything going on in her life.

This Thanksgiving is also extra special because we are all together. My Mom was sick with pnemonia earlier this year and was in the hospital for 15 days. I am happy to say that she is fully recovered and I am so thankful to God that everyone is healthy and happy.

This year, as usual, I am in charge of the peas and carrots caserole. Irene is making a cheesecake, turnips and corn pudding. My Mom is making the turkey and all the rest of the trimmings. Yesterday we went to our annual excursion to Delicious Orchards to get a pumpkin pie. Of course, we had to get a lot of other goodies too (who can resist). :)

Traditions are so important. I know from talking to my kids that they love going to their Mommom and Poppop's for Thanksgiving and Christmas and wouldn't want it any other way. Every year that we can still do this is such a blessing. Despite all the crazy, unexpected things that happen in life it's comforting to know that there are still some consistencies that see you through life. Enjoy each moment for what it is. Take the good, let go of the bad and have a thankful heart to God that His promise is always that it will all work together for good.

No comments: