Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happenings

I never know what to put in the "title" of my blog post. Unless it's something very specific I usually write about a lot of things that are going on at the moment. First I wanted to write that I saw two really great movies yesterday; "Salt" and "Young Victoria". I like "Salt" for obvious reasons. Action; the action scenes were fantastic. "Young Victoria" was such a beautiful love story. I actually cried. I can't remember the last time I cried over a love story. It was very touching. When you watch a movie like that it makes you long for that again in your own life. Now at 50 I look at "young people" and envy that aspect of their lives. Starting out on a road together where you are so naive about life's problems and yet you're bound together by such an intense love and attraction for each other. It's like you can conquer the world!

Louis and I went to Brookdale on Monday to register for his classes. I was anxious to get it done because he wanted to have no classes starting at 8:00 and he wanted two days free to work for his Uncle Matt. So in we went and spoke with this wonderful counselor. She wasn't overly friendly...that didn't make her wonderful. She was helpful...to the point...direct...honest...and she knew what she was doing. As we sat there and she worked with Louis to select his classes, I was praying silently that God would direct them. Louis still isn't sure what he wants to "do" when he's through with school and I told him the other day that this is a heavy hitter prayer that he should commit to praying for. I think ALL prayers are big but in a way..career...spouse...big changes and committments, need a TIME of prayer and not just a once prayed for situation. That's just me. I need to apply this in my own life too. I have a decision I'm struggling with now that I need to really get down on my knees and pray for and maybe even fast for and I find myself procrastinating. Anyway, praise God that his schedule is in place and all is well with him. :)

I have this theory that when my palm itches that money is coming my way. I know this is silly but I say it all the time to my family. If I'm scratching my palm, which rarely happens by the way, I'll comment on it and say money is coming. Two days ago we were at Christopher's friend's birthday party and my palm started itching me. I thought to myself I wonder if I'm going to be getting some money in the near future and by how it was itching it would be a BIG sum. It stopped and I didn't think any more about it. Yesterday, Nick calls me and says that an investment he made five years ago with Rhodia is coming due and that the money should be in the bank today....it was....$3,300!! Can you believe it! I don't know what I'm more excited about the money or the fact that my palm was itching me and, BOOM, there the money is. God it so good!!!

I was watching Joyce Meyer the other day. She is absolutely one of my favorite speakers. She said some things that really got me thinking about my wrong behaviors. I tend to wake up and my first thoughts are so negative. I'm not sure why except that I've been carrying around a lot of burden the past few years and I believe it has affected my outlook on life. Like a "what's the point" kind of attitude. Anyway, she said when you wake up in the morning...praise God...even if you don't feel it. Acknowledge His blessings and say "even though I have some hard things I'm going through today, thank You that You are with me to help me." I never looked at it like that before. It was nice waking up this morning and applying that. I even cleaned up my kitchen and prayed for Louis, who was walking out the door for work. I'm still in counseling and I do try to focus on the "baby steps" of progress. I'd rather be making baby steps than completely standing still. I think God feels the same way. :)

2 comments:

Ramblin' Fran said...

Glad you are blogging again! I have your blogged linked to my blog!

Karen said...

So much is happening! Cannot wait to see everyone at Thanksgiving! Love hearing about things!