Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's two days before Thanksgiving and I'm sitting here in my livingroom. Louis and Sarah have left for school. Christopher and Nick are still sleeping. It's so nice and quiet. I thought I would just write a little.

We are having Thanksgiving this year at my brother Fred's girlfriend's, Suzette's, house. At first the kids were a little wary because they LOVE to have Thanksgiving at their grandparents house but we talked about it and decided it would be a fun new experience. I'm looking forward to it. I like Suzette alot! We've gone to a couple of parties with her, the fouth of July, and her housewarming party and she's always been so attentive to us. She went out of her way to make sure we were having a good time and she stayed close to talk with us. It's hard to put into words but you just know when someone cares by how they treat you. She's like that.

I'm going to make my peas and carrots with the campbell's soup and crispy onions and I'll make brownies. Irene is making her now famous corn pudding and turnips and cheesecake. After Fred and Suzettes we're going to go over to Bunny's house for dessert or second dessert. :) Hopefully Matt and Michele can come for that since they're going over Matt's brother's house and he lives nearby.

I'm happy to say that I've started my Christmas shopping. Irene is off this week and yesterday we went to the mall. We had the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's and then walked over to Macy's where I bought my Christmas present from Nick, which was my perfume. I ran out of it about 9 months ago and couldn't bring myself to spend the $70 it costs so now that's it's Christmas I don't feel so guilty. Besides it IS a gift from Nick afterall. I bought the usual Yankee candles for the women and got some things for Sarah. Christopher is going to be a trip to Toys R Us, though we are going to get him a Telescope. Not a kiddy one but a very good one so that we can see lots of stars and planets. He is so into the Solar System. It's gotten us all into it. He'll get that and then some toys too.

I HAVEN'T gotten on the treadmill yet. I'm such a procrastinator!! Two things that I'm wanting to do every day or almost every day is to take time to read my Bible and to do the treadmill for one half hour. I haven't given up but I sure do get frustrated with myself. Those two things are hard to start but then afterwards I'm SO GLAD I did them. Why is that?? I think it's either just being lazy or if not lazy it's hard to put lesser things aside and put my time and energy into physical and spiritual exercise. There's a verse in the Bible that says something about the things I want to do, I don't do and things I don't want to do, I do. That about sums it up.

We hung up our outside Christmas lights. Christopher was so excited! He wants our Christmas tree up and everything ready Christmas. To be 5 again! He loves the idea of Santa Claus and getting presents and lights and decorations. It kind of gets me into that spirit too. :)

No comments: