Monday, November 9, 2009

I came on to add some things to my to do list and I have now reached 50 things. I think that is appropriate since I will be turning (gulp) 50 in August of next year. I am planning on living it up during my last year in my 40's though. So far it's not been too exciting but I am stepping it up. People tell me I don't look even near 50 so that is a nice feeling to be seen as much younger.

I've been diligent in working on all 50 of my goals. I look at my list every morning and try and be sure to do all the things that I can do that day and make plans to accomplish a few things at a time in the near future. I am a list person...in case you haven't caught on to that yet. I have a list of books I want to read, a list of movies I want to watch, plus some other lists that I can't think of at the moment.

Enough about me though. Next year there are so many milestone birthdays. My dad is turning 80, Louis is turning 18, Sarah is turning 16 (Sweet 16 for girls is a milestone), I'm turning #0 (can't keep going there), plus Louis is graduating High School and then starting college in the fall. Where has the time gone??? I'm always talking about how fast this life is. One minute you're wishing you were older the next your wishing you were younger, one minute you can't wait until the kids are older so you can "do more", the next minute you're wondering what it was that was so important. The Bible talks so much about the fleetingness of time. Our lives are like flowers that bloom and then die. I was thinking how in Ecclesiastes it says that with all that Solomon had and experienced his final conclusion about life was to fear God and keep His commandments. I need to really contemplate this more and not just rush through life as if I didn't have a compass. God has given me one...the Bible. I also say to myself alot, "If not now...when?" Age, if nothing else, should be making us wiser. Making us use our time more wisely, our resources, our life experiences. NOTHING should be wasted here on this earth. We have to focus on storing up for ourselves Heavenly treasure. Doesn't that make Heaven that much more desireable? That much closer to our hearts?

No comments: