Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This weekend we went on our annual hayride. We went to my Mom and Dad's house and went to a place not too far away from them and not on the "pumpkin parkway". This year Nick came. I said to him that it took him 17 years to go on his first hayride with the kids. It was fun. Nick, Christopher and I went on the Friendly hayride and Mom, Irene, Louis and Sarah went on the scary one. They must have cut back this year because there wasn't as many characters running around. When they dropped us off at the pumpkin patch we got a couple of pumpkins and Christopher went on some blow up rides that they had there. This was a first since Christopher never likes to go on blow up rides. Afterwards we went back to Mom and Dad's and had brownies and cream puffs.

This morning I drove Sarah to school since her alarm clock was set to clock radio and she didn't hear it. It is pouring rain but I didn't mind. Since I don't have any car during the day I take every opportunity there is for me to get behind the wheel. I can drive Nick in the morning and use the car but then I have to wake Christopher up and also pick Nick up at the end of the day.

Today on my way home I got a Dunkin Donut's coffee and a coffee roll. I use to get that all the time last year when I drove Louis to school. That is why my cholesterol is so high now. I have been cutting back on high cholesterol foods though. It's a process to change habits. I can't be so rigid or I backlash into going overboard. Slow and steady always wins the race. At least I hope so.

I've been thinking about Christopher's birthday and I'm going to have a party for him at Chuckee Cheese's. I'm going to invite his class and a few other kids that we know. Then in March Louis has his mission's trip to the Dominican Republic and then in August I want to give Sarah a Sweet 16 party. Nick plays at a place called La Taverna and they have a room upstairs that is used for parties. I asked him if he can get us a deal and we can use this opportunity to invite all our relatives and a bunch of Sarah's friends. The girls can get all dressed up and Nick and Donny can play music. I just want to get the wheels in motion now since I have to know the cost and exactly what I need to provide.

Thinking of starting my Christmas shopping soon. The Toys R Us paper came yesterday and I told Christopher to circle all the things he wanted. He asked me though if Santa Claus would run out of money and I said that he never runs out of money. When he asked me why I could't think of a good answer right away and then just said that he was magic.

I found Sarah and Louis' Bible from when they were little and now Christopher and I read the Bible every night. He now calls it his Bible since we all have our own individual Bibles.

Nick went to a Steve Morse concert last night in Pennsylvania. I got such a great chance to talk to Louis. He's such a great guy! I know that when the time comes for him to be in a relationship he'll have a good head on his shoulders. He's very mature for his age. I want to be there for my kids so much and I see how God works day to day in providing opportunities to impart Godly wisdom to them. It's so exciting for me. I'm all for ministering out in the world but we have to remember our families come first. I sometimes think what if the whole world thinks your great but your own family doesn't like you. What good is that? You've given up the MOST important for something less. God first, then your family and then others.

No comments: