Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not sure if I ever mentioned how much I enjoy living frugally. It really gives me a charge to find ways to save money and to do without. Like yesterday I gave myself a manicure and pedicure and last week dyed my own hair, which I got more compliments on then when I spent $100. Sarah also trimmed my hair yesterday and did such a great job that I like how it looks better then the beauty parlor. I also have this knack for splashing bleach on me when I do laundry. Instead of of getting rid of the clothing I take a marker of the same color and color in the spot. I've also bought dye and dyed a shirt to cover the bleach spot. I've got so many more things that I do. I'll have to devote a whole post to just that.

Yesterday we went to the Heightstown Fair where Nick was doing the sound for the day. He, his sister Michele and Pastor Mike then performed for about half an hour. They were so good! We then went over to Michele and Matt's house and ate pizza and played Apples to Apples. It was a fun night. Michele's friend Erica was there who is originally from Hungary. She fit right in with our nutty family.

Today is Sunday so I'll be going over to my Mom and Dad's for lunch and then coffee. I love going over there every Sunday. It's very low key but still it feels so good to spend time with them and I guess just the routines of life are a comfort to the soul. Today we may go on the Hayride that is right near my Mom and Dad's house. We've done that every year since I can remember and with Christopher being only five it will continue for many more years. Christopher does not like the scary hayride though so we go on the friendly one where there are no people with scary masks running around.

I've got to get back on track with my "diet" and exercise. I promised my therepist, Brenda, that I will exercise every day for about an hour to help stabilize my moods and to release my endorphines. I also have to start thinking about what I would like to do next year when I start working again. Christopher will be in school full time and I'll be back out in the work force. I'm actually kind of excited about it. It's been so great to be able to stay home with my kids these past 17 years. I enjoyed every minute of that experience. Even through the hard times I never wished I was anywhere else but with my children being a stay at home mom. It was a wonderful and fulfilling experience. To be there when they woke up in the morning and not have to rush everyone around to get to day care, to be there when they came home off the bus to hug them and talk with them about their day, to the priviledge of homeschooling Louis who has turned out to me such a mature and wonderful man. Plus a million more experiences. That everyone should have this opportunity and not have to settle in order to make some extra money. Time goes by so fast that there will always be a time for personal fulfillment too. Time is so fleeting. I already see in Louis a pulling away, which is so healthy. It's a bit sad for me but I'd be more concerned if it weren't happening. I love him, I've been there for him, I will always be there for him. Wherever life may take him I had these precious and few years with him where he was only mine and there was no big world out there calling him away from me. God has been so good to me and I never want to lose sight of the wonderful blessings he has given me, especially Louis, Sarah and Christopher.

3 comments:

Ramblin' Fran said...

Hi Heidi!
Love your blog!
More update!

Heidi Bizzarro said...

Thanks Fran! It's on "my list" of things I want to do. :)

Ramblin' Fran said...

Have you read my blog? You can get to it from my Facebook page in the info section.