Thursday, April 16, 2009

Is it Spring yet?

I am looking forward to the warm days of spring. We have had some beautiful days in the last month or two but it's not the same as waking up each morning knowing that there won't be any more of the bitter cold. Let's see...what's been going on...not too much. Which I've learned is a good thing. No one is or has been sick, no one has died, no traumatic events in recent history. It's been life as usual in the Bizzarro household.

Louis is doing very well at school and has made the Honor Roll this semester. It's rare that he has anything but A's on his report card. My motherly instincts tells me he is not always putting in 100% effort and yet is still doing excellently in his classes. I can't help but wonder if he would be top of his class if he gave school his all. Then again, I'll trade his time of doing that now for when he starts college. He's been getting so much college material in the mail lately. I can't believe he'll be off to college some day. One more year. I've been thinking about him going away to college and it may be a possibility. What a great experience that would be for him. He is interested in going to a Christian college which is what I would want for him. Right now he's learning to drive...which he is very good at. He'll be getting his license in August. Just in time for him to drive himself to school every day. He's busy with friends and is looking for a job to earn some money and to keep him busy in the summer.

Sarah recenlty went on her chorus trip to Florida. She went to Disney World with the Chorus and Band from her school. They have a chorus presentation in the park on Friday and the band is marching in a parade today. She has such a beautiful voice and enjoys singing. When she sings around the house it is a pleasure to listen to her. She's doing well in school...struggling a bit with Algebra but not so much that I'm worried. She got her braces off yesterday and is SO excited about that!

Christopher still does not like preschool. I recently registered him for Kindergarten and am trying to get him excited about going. He's looking forward to riding on the school bus and when we visited his school he said he wants to go there. He loves to ride his bike and be outside. (Not Mom's favorite thing in the cold.) He also likes to play on the computer, read books, play at McDonald's and Chuckie Cheese's, go to his Aunt Rene's and play Wii, help his Dad renovate the bathroom, help his Dad with his band. We're thinking of getting him a drum set since he seems to have a real interest in it. God help me with the noise! We don't have a basement so the drums will have to be in the Family room. He better get good at it real fast. : )

Nick is doing well. The band has been off for the past two weeks so he's been home, which is nice. He has been renovating the bathroom and that keeps him busy. I can't wait until it's finished. Anyone who's ever done renovations knows that when you do one room the whole house suffers. The new vanity and sink are in the dining room and all the bathroom supplies are in our bedroom. It's chaotic but this too shall pass.

I've started reading through the Bible in chronoligical order. I've thought a lot lately about reading the Bible again from cover to cover. It's been so long...if I've ever done it. I think in all the years of reading and hearing the word, I must have read or heard the entire book.

My exercise and diet has suffered a bit during the winter months. I'm home alot with Christopher and the temptations that surround me everyday are hard to resist. How much salad can you eat at McDonald's when the Double Cheeseburger and fries are staring at you when you order? I'm not discouraged though and am looking forward to more outside activity. I'm definitely going to get into tennis this spring/summer. I watch "The Real Housewives of New York" (my only vice) ;) and they all play tennis in the Hamptons.

My nights are pretty much spent at home. I'm enjoying American Idol, Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, The Celebrity Apprentice, America's Next Top Model, The Biggest Loser Couples, Dancing with the Stars and of couse... LOST! Good thing we have DVR so that I can record them and watch them when I can. Nick is so not into a lot of these shows. We like to watch Intervention and if it's about War HE likes to watch it (I pretend to watch it but more just to be with him) :). Of course our TV viewing is peppered with his guitar playing (where are my ear plugs!) and such is winter life in our home. We are looking to running/walking together after dinner when the weather gets nicer.

My family is well. My mom and dad are healthy and happy. Fran, Bill and Karen are all well and soon their annual visits will begin. Hopefully my brother-in-law will be able to come up this year. He came for my mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversay and it was so nice to see him. Fred and Suzette are doing well. We didn't get to see them at Easter since her parents were here from upstate New York.

Easter is my favorite holiday. Spring, celebrating the Lord's resurrection, family, home, Easter egg hunts and Easter baskets and a big turkey dinner. What more can anyone want? Private message.....Remember, God can and does work all things for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose! He will also never leave you nor forsake you and will never give you more than you can bear...you know who you are. : )

No comments: